I am aware that this particular post is pointless for a lot of you, as many of you lovely people know me personally, in fact one of you even lives with me (lucky you, Tara! :D), but for those of you who don’t, I think it’s time for you to meet the girl in front of the computer screen. I never really know where to start with these sorts of things so I’m just going to list about 20 random facts about myself. If you don’t want to know/already know/are bored, look away now.
1. I wear big glasses that steam up a lot when I enter a building from cold weather.
2. These glasses make my eyes look enormous due to the thickness of the lens (I’m VERY longsighted. Quick tangent: All you glasses wearers, how freaking annoying is it when someone goes “Oooh let me try you glasses on!!” and when they do, they exclaim, “Oh my GOD you’re SO BLIND!!”? Do they not know that we are aware of this fact, otherwise we wouldn’t be wearing them in the first place. Honestly!)
3. Despite being on the eve of my 20th birthday, I’m a bit of a grumpy old woman at heart. I’m not sure why, it might be because I find myself to be funnier when I’m complaining about something…is that pessimistic?
4. If I could have any job in the world, I’d be on David Attenborough’s camera crew.
5. I wear my watch on my right arm, which apparently is wrong. It may not sound that weird, but look around you next time you’re with your family or on a train and count how many people are wearing their watches on their right arms.
6. I lose things. Like all the time. This morning, in fact, I lost my keys for the better part of an hour and went into a complete blind panic thinking I’d left them in the lock when I got home last night. They were in my housemate’s bedroom.
7. I’m in a choir. We rehearse every Wednesday for 2 hours from 7pm. It’s the highlight of my week.
8. I have short, brown hair and hazely-brown eyes.
9. I could probably quote every line of the film Moulin Rouge.
10. My sister taught me how to tell the time in the back of my mum’s purple Citroen on the way to my nan’s flat. I cannot remember how old I was, but I got out of the car asking for a watch for Christmas.
11. What I lack in self-confidence I make up for in loud laughs. My laugh can range from a hyena-like giggle to a donkey-esque groan to a good, old fashioned, unintended snort.
12. I’m studying Modern Languages at university and I’m due to have a year abroad which begins in September. My head has never been deeper in the sand.
13. I actually adore my friends. Every single one of them. For different reasons. And no, I’m not naming names, you arrogant bunch of goodfornothings!
14. I like old words and expressions, like “You sir, are a bounder and a cad!”.
15. It is not in my nature to avoid awkward silences. I actually basque in them, with the use of my various awkward tools: balloon, turtle, starfish, giraffe, and lest we forget, awkward lie down.
16. Last year I kept a diary for 3 months that was written completely in Spanish. I eventually gave up – I have no idea how Tom Riddle, Bridget Jones and Anne Frank managed it.
17. My favourite dessert is Victoria Sponge Cake. The best I have ever tasted was from Marks and Spencer’s Cafe. Very nearly jizzed my pants.
18. I cried the first time I saw the following: Lilo and Stitch, Cast Away, Marley and Me, Forrest Gump, Toy Story 3, the Polar-bear documentary that was on 2 Christmases ago that David Tennant narrated.
19. I twirl strands of my hair between my fingers when I’m concentrating, bored or distracted. So that’s basically all the time.
20. Despite my surname, I have never tasted an Eccles Cake.
So, there you have it. 20 random facts about myself that you may or may not have known before. I’m now awaiting an influx of messages from people taking issue with certain aspects of the list above. Ah, I can hear it now, “WHAT DO YOU MEAN, YOU CRIED AT CAST AWAY!?” “Whoa, you mean you’re actually leaving in September?!” “Why didn’t you mention your weird eye freckle?!”. If anything comes to mind after this is published, I will undoubtedly add to the list. But for now, enjoy your lives 😀
Ciao for now (I wrote that for someone in particular, they know who they are!).
P.S. This is me: